The Constitution is the fundamental law, the Great Charter of the State. It is the set of organizing norms of its constituent elements.
Laws are instruments of the State to control society, while the Constitution is the instrument of society to control the State.
Every day, the press shows the real situation in Brazil and leads the student, the housewife, the common citizen, professionals and journalists to seek constitutional answers for their daily life.
1) The purpose of this website is to clarify issues related to the constitutional norms for the organization of the State and determination of law, as well as to the supremacy of the Constitution, the direct action of unconstitutionality and the declaratory action of constitutionality.
2) What are entrenched clauses? What constitutional principles govern the life of the citizen? What are the rights of workers? What does nationality mean? What are the political rights of Brazilian citizens? What is democracy?
3) What are the entities that make up our Federation? What are the competencies of the Federal Government, the States, the Municipality and the Federal District? What are form of State and system of government? What can a public administrator do? Is it subordinate to the principle of civil liability? What are the fundamental constitutional principles of the Public Administration? How important is the efficiency principle in modern managerial management?
4) What is the organizational structure of the Powers of the Union? What are the typical and atypical functions of the Legislature, the Executive and the Judiciary? How does the formation of laws take place? What do the terms sanction, veto, promulgation and publication of the law mean? What are the duties of the President of the Republic? What is the function of common justice and administrative justice?
5) What are legal careers? Is the lawyer indispensable to the administration of justice? Is the Public Prosecutor's Office essential to the jurisdictional function of the State? Is the Court closed to the poor (Curia pauperibus clausa est), as Ovid said? What is the Jury Court?
6) How important is ICMS (VAT) tax revenue? What is the role of the IPTU (property tax) in the federative organization? What are the constitutional principles of taxation? What are the limitations on the power to tax?
7) Are public finances and budgets subject to norms? What are budget allocations? What are the budget principles? How are budget laws drafted?
8) Does the citizen have the right ... to a dignified existence? Should social inequalities be reduced? What are small businesses? Is the interest charged by financial entities fair? Does the Constitution approve the concentration of wealth in the hands of a few?
9) What is social security? Does the Brazilian citizen have the right to health, welfare and social assistance? Is there protection for the environment, with criminal and administrative sanctions? Are there any penalties for the illegal cultivation of psychotropic plants?
10) Are you acquainted with the Constitution’s procedural side, established by Laws 4.717/65, 7.347/85, 8.038/90, 9.507/97, 9.868/99, 9.882/99, 11.417/06, 12.016/09, 12.562/11, 13.300/16 and the Rules of Procedure of the Federal Supreme Court (STF) and the Superior Court of Justice (STJ)?
These and other constitutional issues can be clarified through this cultural site.
Máriton Silva Lima
Constitutionalist and Philosopher